This recipe is a crowd-pleaser at parties and equally as delicious to save all for yourself! For those who are wondering, this bread is: gluten-free, dairy-free, high fiber, refined sugar-free, and very drool-worthy.
Tahini Almond Banana Bread
(originally adapted from Salted Plains)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 0-2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F and grease bread pan (coconut oil or butter are wonderful)
- Blend bananas and honey in a bowl (immersion blender, electric mixer, or food processor work great)
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix together
- Pour batter into greased bread pan. Sprinkle on sesame seeds
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. If the top is browning too quickly, cover with a piece of aluminum foil and continue baking
I love this bread because it satisfies my sweet craving, yet it doesn’t have the ingredients and sugars that would spike my blood sugar levels and leave me feeling icky and bloated. I love pairing a slice of this bread with some nut butter, coconut butter, or tahini for a snack. I even crumble a slice over a smoothie bowl or alongside a smoothie. It also is just as delicious on its own or as a dessert after a meal!
Fun fact: Tahini is a paste made from ground roasted sesame seeds. It is full of healthy unsaturated fats, more protein compared to other seeds, and even fiber (2.8 grams in 2 tablespoons). Tahini is also a great source of B vitamins like thiamin (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), and folate (B9). It is also a rich source of minerals like magnesium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, manganese, and copper.
Hope you find this baked good as yummy as I do, let me know!