I’ve already gushed about my love for a good “cheese” sauce in another post. Even though there are many ways to eat it, I’m a creature of habit! And this is a weeknight go-to because it takes under 20 minutes, hits my comfort spot, and is a nourishing meal.
Veggie Loaded Mac & Cheese
- 1 box of pasta *
- 1/2 block of tempeh, slice thin to make crispy
- Veggies of choice (psst my favorites in this dish are these guys)
- Oil to saute the veggies, I use avocado oil
- Spices of choice
- Ideas: salt, pepper, chili/cayenne, garlic powder, turmeric
- Cashew “cheese” sauce
- Cook the pasta according to box directions.
- Saute tempeh and veggies of choice with desired spices and oil
- Make the cheese sauce.
- Throw cooked pasta and cheese sauce into the veggie pan, mix to coat.
*The pictured pasta is “POW”, a blend of chickpea and lentil flour (that’s it!)
I do not give specific measurements because that is up to your preferences and family size. Experiment with what works for you, you know your taste buds and hunger levels best!