A spin on the classic, made with whole ingredients and low in added sugars. These simple chewy cookies are gluten-free and can be made dairy-free too. Everyone can enjoy these!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes 15-20 cookies, depending on size
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- (Optional) 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup organic butter or coconut oil softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs*
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Optional to grease your cookie sheet with butter or coconut oil.
- Mix together almond flour, baking soda, sugar, salt, and optional spices in a bowl.
- Add softened butter or coconut oil and stir by hand until mixed, it will form thick dough.
- Add egg and vanilla to bowl and mix well, this should make dough easier to mix. Dough should be easy to form.
- Add chocolate chips or cacao nibs and stir by hand until incorporated.
- Form dough into balls on sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until tops are starting to brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
*Cacao nibs are an antioxidant-rich alternative to chocolate chips. They can also lower sugar content or make the cookies dairy-free (if coconut oil is used).